Below is information and knowledge on the topic part-time jobs for moms during school hours gather and compiled by the nhomkinhnamphat.com team. Along with other related topics like: Part time jobs during school hours near me, Jobs that work with school schedules near me, Jobs that work around school schedule, Best jobs to work around school hours, Jobs that work around college schedule, Part time jobs near me, 9-3 jobs for moms, Best jobs for mums school hours.
le Jobs For Moms During School Hours
Working during school hours is the dream of many moms, but frustratingly there don’t always seem to be many jobs that cater to the schedule and demands of families.
My eldest started school this year, so I know firsthand the challenges of bringing in an income during school hours. Not to mention the fact that they’re not at school every week, making work and family life even more of a juggle.
I understand that parents don’t necessarily want to put their children into care before and after school. It can be costly, and while some kids enjoy the bonus social hours with their friends, it can be a long, exhausting day for many others (like mine, so cue the mom guilt!).
I’ve got your back, mama, so I’ve done the work for you. I’ve searched for 20 of the best flexible jobs for moms to fit in around school. Many of them are even flexible enough that you can work around when your kids are homesick or on a break.
1. Website or Content Writer
From freelance content writer, ghostwriter, copywriter, magazine writer to resume writer, grant writer, and technical writer…there is a writing specialty for everyone to earn money. You don’t need to have a degree or resume; you just need to have a flair and passion for the written word. (This is one of my jobs, but more on that later).
- Here are 4 Helpful Tips for Beginning Freelance Writers.
- These Top 10 Writing Websites For Freelancing Work-at-Home Women can help you find the gig you want.
2. Driver or Delivery Driver
Become an Uber driver, or if transporting people around isn’t what you want, you could be a delivery driver. Food delivery is a great option, and you could sign up with a company such as DoorDash or GrubHub.
- Read this: My Honest Review of Being a DoorDash Delivery Driver.
- Find out the driver requirements for Uber here.
3. School Administrator
Working at a school could be the ideal scenario as the hours and breaks will line up with your kiddo’s. The role varies but usually entails maintaining academic records, supporting faculty, and assisting students.
- Find out how to become a school administrator here.
- You might like to check out our list of 5 Virtual Admin Jobs That Don’t Require Experience.
4. Home Daycare Operator
Starting a home daycare is a wonderful option if you love kids or worked with kids prior to having your own. Your kids can be home with you at any time as well, so you’ll have flexibility, and they’ll always have other kids to socialize with.
- Read how to get started: Home Business Idea – Running a Daycare.
- If you would like to work with parents or kids, here are 20 Businesses in the Parenting Niche You can Start from Home.
5. Teacher or Teacher’s Assistant
Teaching is a pretty obvious choice, but if you aren’t qualified, you could work in different support positions such as an assistant or aide.
- To discover what the role entails, how to become a teacher’s aide, and where to find jobs, head here.
- If you’re a teacher but don’t want to return to the classroom, read 7 Ways for Teachers to Make Money from Home.
If you already spend a lot of time on social media, social media management could be a good fit for you. Every business out there has (or probably should have!) at least one social media platform. Business owners don’t always have the time or skills to manage their social pages’ content and engagement. Likewise, virtual assistants are always in high demand.
- If you’re interested, read What Does a Social Media Manager Do?
- Here’s How to Work from Home as a Virtual Assistant.
7. Online Store Owner
Being an online seller is an excellent way to make money. Sell your products on platforms such as eBay or Etsy, ranging from digital products, printables, photos, and e-books, to arts, crafts, jewelry, and used clothing, or start an online retail business.
- Here are Over 100 Places to Sell Your Stuff Online for Money.
- You will enjoy How to Start an Online Retail Business with a Tiny Budget.
Tutoring online or in-person offers excellent flexibility, making it an ideal option to work around family commitments. You could start your own business or work for a tutoring company.
- Here’s a review of one of the tutoring companies, Chegg Tutors.
- You’ll want to read How to Start a Tutoring Business from Home first.
9. Short Tasks
Short tasks, or micro-jobs as they’re also known, are perfect because they can be completed in a short amount of time at any time that suits you. The tasks vary widely, so you can pick and choose your preferred specialty.
- Here are 20 Short Task Sites that allow you to work when you have free time.
- Check out this great review of Swagbucks.
Working as a bookkeeper is an excellent way to make good money, and it’s easy to get started if you love working with numbers and spreadsheets.
- Here’s what you need to know: How to Work From Home as a Bookkeeper.
- You might also like to look at this list of 10 Legit Jobs You Can Do From Home.
11. Fitness Instructor
If you have a fitness background or a passion for exercise, you might consider teaching classes. Instructing other stay-at-home or work-at-home mamas could be perfect if they also have the flexibility to attend classes during school hours. Plus, you’ll be keeping fit!
- Check out this awesome post, 4 Tips for Starting Your Home-Based Fitness Business, and get started!
- Become a certified personal trainer and Shape Up With a Home-Based Fitness Career.
If you’re unsure what this job is, transcriptionists take audio and video clips and transcribe them into written content. This could be the job for you if you can type well and efficiently. If you’ve never done it before, there are companies that hire beginners.
- Read Seven Companies That Hire Beginner Transcriptionists From Home.
- Plus this one, How to Work From Home as a Transcriptionist.
If you’re a beauty and makeup lover, and you’re looking for a fun job that makes you feel good, then a career in the beauty industry could be for you. You might like to start your own home-based business or prefer working for an established company that offers flexible working hours.
- Passionate About Beauty? Consider a Home-Based Career in Makeup Artistry.
- Here are our Best Work-at-Home Businesses for Beauty and Makeup Lovers.
Chores like cooking, cleaning, baking, and laundry can all be turned into lucrative home-based businesses. Starting your own service business is an excellent option if you want to be your own boss. Look at your skills and interests and go from there.
- To see if this is your calling, read Household Chores That Can be Turned into a Business.
- You might also find this interesting: 22 Business Ideas for Starting Your Own Service Business.
15. Call Center Representative
These days you can work virtually from home doing call center jobs, so if you’d like to get paid to talk on the phone, this could be a good fit for you. If cold calling isn’t your thing, there are other marketing alternatives (see link below).
- See this list of Virtual Call Center Jobs.
- Hate Cold Calling? Here are 8 Marketing Alternatives.
16. Data Entry Clerk
If you enjoy typing, have decent computer skills, and want to work from home, data entry may be the perfect position for you. The job usually requires you to take a transcript and input it into a computer program.
- Find out how to get started here: Legit Data Entry Jobs You Can Do From Home.
- For similar roles, check out 9 Work-at-Home Jobs for Fast and Accurate Typists.
17. Online Researcher
Internet research is an excellent way to make money from home, and there are lots of companies that hire freelancers to do their research. If you have background experience in a specific area, such as law, marketing, insurance, or real estate, you’ll have a leg up on the competition.
- Find out how here 3 Ways to Work-at-Home Doing Internet Research.
- Join an agency like Wonder, and once approved, take on as many projects as you like.
18. Mystery Shopper
How would you like to get paid to shop? It’s even possible to be a mystery shopper from the comfort of home with nothing more than your phone.
- Find out more here: Telephone Mystery Shopping Jobs You Can Do From Home.
- Is Mystery Shopping the Right Work-at-Home Job For You?
If you’re a stickler for grammar and great at picking up typos, you’re in luck—proofreaders are in high demand! You can proofread from anywhere and go at your own pace. For a change of scenery, you could work in a cafe or while you’re waiting in the car at school pick-up.
- Discover the Ways To Make Money From Home Proofreading.
- Find out how to Make Money From Home Proofreading Legal Transcripts.
20. Start a Business
Many of the jobs on this list can be done through agencies or third party businesses, which might be a good way to get your foot in the door, especially if you don’t have experience in the role. However, you can quickly turn it into your own business to have even more flexibility, and you will probably find it more rewarding and enjoyable.
Starting your own business from home is exciting, so here is a non-exhaustive list of five other ways you can be your own boss doing something you love. You might also like to read Why Back to School is the Perfect Time to Launch Your Work-at-Home Business.
- Event planner
- Social media influencer
- Online consultant or coach
What My Plan for Working During School Hours Looks Like
Phew, that’s quite the list! Are you surprised (and perhaps overwhelmed) by the number of flexible job opportunities there are for school moms?
I just wanted to share my personal experience. Here in Australia, the school year starts in February. My biggest kiddo will be at school, and my little one will be in a 3-year-old kinder, which is only six hours a week spread over two days. It doesn’t leave me with a lot of kid-free time when you factor in drop-offs and pick-ups, but my plan will look like this:
Monday and Friday mornings will be kid-free, so that’s when I’ll write. I’m a freelance writer and editor, but I have consistent and reliable work doing that now. On the days that my youngest is home, I will write and do other jobs until the afternoon school pick-up. In the evenings and weekends, I’ll work on my sleep coaching business.
Other jobs I’ll be doing include social media management and micro jobs, such as proofreading, creating images with Canva, transcription, and perhaps online research—whatever I can fit in and whatever I feel like doing. That’s the beauty of it!
I have worked from home since my big kid was born, so my children are well aware that the afternoon is a quiet time when I work. Sadly the nap days ended not that long ago, which was when I was the most productive (read my nap tips here)!
I hope my real-life example of working within school hours shows you how achievable and easy it is. I’d love to know what you’re considering doing. To add some variety to your life, why not choose several different part-time jobs to keep it interesting and to ensure you’ve always got money coming in. That way, you can decide where your specialty lies as well, and who knows where it will lead. Good luck!
Extra Information About part-time jobs for moms during school hours That You May Find Interested
If the information we provide above is not enough, you may find more below here.
20 Flexible Jobs For Moms During School Hours
17 Part-Time Jobs to Do While Your Kids Are at School
The 11 Best Work at Home Jobs for Moms During School Hours
20 Best School Hours Jobs for Moms to Do During School Hours
The Best Part-Time Jobs for Stay-at-Home Moms – The Balance
Best Jobs for Moms During School Hours – SmartCentsMom
12+ Jobs you can actually fit into school hours – Beanstalk Mums
15 Awesome Jobs for Moms During School Hours
Frequently Asked Questions About part-time jobs for moms during school hours
If you have questions that need to be answered about the topic part-time jobs for moms during school hours, then this section may help you solve it.
What kind of work can I do while my children are in school?
Here are a few flexible jobs you should apply for.
- Substitute teacher. The beauty of being a substitute teacher is getting to work the same hours your kids are in school. …
- Content writer or editor. Many content-related jobs don’t require you to report to an office. …
- Medical billing associate. …
- Rideshare driver.
What is the ideal mom’s part-time job?
Another choice is to look for part-time jobs with flexible hours, such as the ones listed below.
- Working as a home health aide.
- Working as a receptionist.
- Working as a virtual assistant.
- Working as a substitute at your local school district.
- Working in a daycare.
- Working at a church.
What is the ideal employment situation for a student?
The top 25 positions for college students
- Nanny. Nanny jobs are popular with college students because they offer plenty of flexibility. …
- Call Center Representative. …
- Virtual Assistant. …
- On-Demand Staffing Jobs. …
- Warehouse Associate. …
- Dog Walker/Pet Sitter. …
- Food Service Worker. …
- Home Health Aide.
What is the ideal job for a mother who is busy?
6 fantastic jobs for mothers to think about
- Web developer. Technology careers are hot these days, but it’s definitely not the most common industry for moms to consider. …
- Medical assistant. …
- Human Resources specialist. …
- Realtor. …
- Graphic designer. …
- Preschool teacher.
What is a profitable side business for women?
If you’re comfortable driving people around, you can drive for Uber or Lyft; if you’re comfortable working as a food delivery driver for UberEats, Skip the Dishes, or DoorDash; or if you’re comfortable delivering groceries.